When beginning a new project, it is important to pick the right image format, resolution, aspect ratio, codec, and project framerate. Each of these settings has a huge impact on the film’s look and post workflow.
1. Press the menu button and navigate to SHOOTING -→ IMAGE FORMAT.
2. Select either FF, S35 or S16.
1. Navigate to SHOOTING → REC RESOLUTION
2. Choose from the options listed. All options available for the current Image Format are automatically listed.
1. Navigate to SHOOTING→ PROJECT BLANKING
2. Choose your desired aspect ratio.
*note: Project Blanking displays a mask on top of the image. It does not crop your footage and is not baked in. It is meant to be used as a frame guide only.
1. Navigate to SHOOTING→ DEFAULT CODEC
2. Choose between ProRes 422LT, 422, 422HQ, 4444 and 4444XQ.
*the option to roll large codecs on one card and proxies on the other card will be available in a future firmware update.
*for more information on the difference between ProRes codecs, please visit the Codecs and Post Workflow page.
1. Navigate to SHOOTING→ PROJECT FPS
2. Choose your project framerate.
*list of available framerates depend on image format and project resolution